Many people complain about feeling sluggish and unhealthy on a day to day basis. Well, the reason for this could be a simple as what you put in your body or even on your body. Today we use many products that are unnatural, which are just not as good for us as the natural option. So if you’re looking for a change that won’t just help you but the world, then transform your lifestyle and live the organic life.
The Organic Definition
So what does organic actually mean? Well, put simply it means that the produce in question has been produced and grown without the use of chemical pesticides, fertilisers and artificial chemicals. It isn’t just food that can be organic but makeup, cleaners, textiles and hair care products; however we’re going to focus on diet and beauty care.
Transforming your diet to include organic foods is much easier than it once was as now everything is clearly labelled in the stores. But what are the benefits for eating more organic food?
- This food is often more flavoursome with a fresher taste – taste is the most important part of food!
- Organic food helps to keep drinking water clean, as no harmful chemicals run into the reservoirs from the fields surrounding.
- It is much healthier and safer than foods grown with pesticides – eating this produce will make you feel better outside and in!
Pesticides can actually stay in the body for many years, which can lead to illness, whereas organic food will make you feel much fresher and a lot healthier. When people think of organic produce they usually think of fruit and vegetables, however any type of food can be organic!
Top tip: Try to buy local as well as organic produce; less air miles = less pollution!
It isn’t just what we put in our body that makes a difference, but what we put on our skin or hair too! There are many different chemicals used in hair and skincare that may make you feel better now but could affect your skin negatively in later life. The best option for your skin is to choose natural organic skin care, but what are the benefits?
- There are no chemicals; everything is completely natural.
- Natural skincare can help to improve the health of your skin, therefore making your skin appear fresher and younger – who doesn’t want that?
- According to Pure Therapy, natural therapy specialists, natural products are less likely to cause rashes and irritation when compared to synthetic make up.
Top Tip: Purchase your products from recommended, reliable organic retailers. You can find out about organic standards by visiting the Soil Association website!
So change your lifestyle and live the au-naturel organic lifestyle, you will feel better for it and will be protecting the environment! It doesn’t just end with diet and beauty; when you’re buying cleaning products and laundry detergent make sure that you check the label to ensure that it is organic. The organic life is the good life, so buy organic produce and start your own organic garden today.